header

header

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Staying Focused!

Today at church, our pastor (who I just happen to be married to) gave an amazing message.  I may be a little biased, but it really was a great message & one that I know I needed to hear.

He preached on Luke 10:38-42, the story of Mary & Martha. They both loved the Lord with all their hearts. The difference was that Mary was focused and Martha was distracted. While Jesus was in Martha's house, she was so busy cleaning, preparing food & making sure everything was just right, that
she missed out on what was really important...sitting at the feet of Jesus & worshiping him!

That was very convicting to me! If I'm really honest, I would have to say that so many times I am just like Martha. It's not bad things that I may be doing, but I let things distract me away from the most important thing--GOD!  I want to choose God's best. To do that, He gave us three steps...

Choosing God's best means:

  1. Being in the right place (at the feet of Jesus)
  2. Listening to the right voice (God's voice)
  3. Focusing on the right things  

So, my goals for 2012:

  1. Stay focused on God
  2. Worship Him more
  3. Be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister & friend
  4. Boldly share my faith 
  5. Give more to others


 I will need a lot of prayer (& iced coffee) to accomplish these goals, but my God is worth it!

 What are your goals for the new year?


 Blessings,
 Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Good word!...especially the better sister part haha Love you!

    ReplyDelete