header

header

Friday, April 6, 2012

HE"S ALIVE

As we celebrate the Easter Holiday this year I wanted to do something different with the girls.
We always do the resurrection eggs each year & will do them again this year, but last night we made resurrection rolls !

All you need is : butter, crescent rolls, cinnamon & sugar and marshmallows.





I gave them both a crescent roll triangle..this represents the tomb then each dipped their marshmallow
into the melted butter & rolled in cinnamon sugar mixture. The marshmallow represents the body of Christ
& the butter and cinnamon represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon his burial .
then wrap the marshmallow up in the crescent (make sure there are no open spaces or the marshmallows with ooze out :)

cook until brown on top, and the "tomb" will be empty inside! It was a neat little way for my girls to see the Easter story and it was also a yummy little dessert :) 

Happy Easter!

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, I just got your comment about the giveaway! Can you do me a favor and go back and leave a comment on the proper post. It should let you know! thanks so much and best of luck!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back again.... don't worry, I have you covered. I added a comment and put your email address in there to get your entered. Check back this weekend to see who won. I should be drawing the winner on Friday or Saturday.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete