header

header

Thursday, March 22, 2012

RED THREAD

I wanted to share yet another little God moment with you all,

Yesterday I heard about an old Chinese proverb:

"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." -Ancient Chinese Proverb

Since we started the adoption process I have read A LOT of blogs of those who are adopting from China.  In doing so, I have heard people mention, "the red thread" but I never knew what they were talking about until yesterday.

As it turns out we have our own little RED THREAD with Madison!  Let me share with you...
As you all know, all of the Whitten girls have "M' names and we wanted our newest daughter to have the same.  We figure that anything we could do to help our new daughter feel like a real and true part of our family the better so we immediately started thinking of some other girl names that started with the letter "M".  Well when we got her file from our adoption agency her name was listed as - Pan Min Yue.  No big deal right?   But what I found out yesterday is that in China the surname (last name) is written at the beginning of a persons name.  So that means her first name is Min, not Pan (like we thought) which means that this little girl was born with a "M'" name after all!!  

Now I realize that some who are reading this might be thinking, "So what? Not a big deal". But to me, this is just another way my God is affirming that this is indeed "our" daughter.  It is just amazing to me when I think that before the creation of the world, God had this precious little girl in mind for our family.

As I continue this adoption process, God is continually allowing me to see glimpses of his
love and mercy.  When I am having one of those days, when maybe I think He really doesn't
care about the "small stuff"  or wondering how we can afford this, God then shows up and does something immeasurably more than I could ask or imagine!  He has beyond any doubt proved Himself faithful, over and over again, so I want to encourage you to day to trust God!  With whatever it is you might be going through or considering just trust Him in that moment and take the step of faith.  God will not fail you!

Melissa 




1 comment:

  1. Melissa I saw your blog from Jenn's. I cling to moments like these. I can totally see what you are talking about. That is SO neat! I don't know if Anne mentioned it to you or not and I can never remember while I am at church but if Kylie's clothes will fit Madison you all are more than welcome to them. I think she even has some with tags on still. (Mommy has a buying problem) TONS of size 3 and 4. I am just hanging on it them till you guys can get a better idea of her size. We pray for you guys and your journey all the time!

    ~Karen Fridge =)

    ReplyDelete