header

header

Saturday, March 10, 2012

SO BLESSED !!



Being a pastors wife is not always easy but the past 2 weeks I have been so blessed by our church.  FishHawk Fellowship is the best church, filled with people who love the Lord and who love each other too.  I just have to share what's on my heart.

The women in our church have been the hands and feet of Jesus in so many ways.  These women have brought meals to my family as I recover from surgery.  Others have come and sat and visited with me, while others still have brought me magazines and books to read.  One friend even came on Sunday & kept the girls busy downstairs so I could stay in bed.  Another friend spent the night at our house with the girls so that David could stay with me at the hospital.  Just today one Life Group gave us money to pay a cleaning lady who they scheduled to come to our home next week.   So many others have been praying for me along the way!  In fact, I've been told that their are 50+ women who are doing a "30 day pray for your pastors wife" challenge . I feel so incredibly BLESSED by our church and the people who make up FishHawk Fellowship.

I know that it is not always the case for those in the ministry to have a church who loves & supports them and I am so very thankful for this wonderful church God has allowed us to serve as the senior pastorate . Our church has always, from the very beginning loved & supported our family...I do not take that for granted.  God has given me a great group of friends who I believe truly love me for me & not just because I'm the pastors wife, that to me is priceless. I just woke up today feeling overwhelmed by God's goodness & love for me and my family.

Thank you to all those women (& men) who have truly been Jesus to me.


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment