header

header

Saturday, September 7, 2013

1 YEAR AGO TODAY

One year ago today at 10:30 PM, David and I landed at the Tampa airport with Madison and began our journey as a family of five. There have been numerous ups & downs in this last year but we have made it through, praise the Lord!

We had my parents and sister at the airport along with two friends that helped drive an extra car to the airport. Freddie drove our car and Anne drove my parents (because they are directionally challenged..I get it honestly!)

A lot of tears were shed that day from shear exhaustion!



    Notice the Chick fil A in the picture that was waiting on us when we arrived:)


I remember that night as if it was yesterday..I was physically and emotionally exhausted. When we landed all three of us had been awake for over 30 hrs.

Madison was ok when we first saw everyone & then got overwhelmed and started crying. Next was putting her in the car & buckling her in her car seat.. that didnt go so well and took a few weeks before she would actually stay buckled without screaming.

She was very hesitant with everyone that first night but the first person who won her over was Morgan-


My how love can truly change a person when they let their walls down and begin to accept love.

These last 2 weeks with Madison have been truly amazing. She has been happy, playful, sharing and I could go on & on.
She is the just the right balance of sweet, sassy & stubborn!

Could she get any cutier? I dont think so. Madison sure does make life more exciting around here.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE!!! Wow has Madison changed a LOT in this year... We are so blessed... Love ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete