header

header

Monday, February 25, 2013

SIGNS

Every month I make a sign for Madison to hold so that I can take her picture.  Well, she has started making her own "signs" that she brings to me and wants me to hold so that she can take my picture:)

This is the one she made a few days ago!

Madison is getting so much better at writing her name. I really think going to VPK a few hours a day has helped her a lot. This is a picture of what she wrote last night (the first "Whitten" I wrote & she copied it).


I have got to get better about writing down the funny things she says. There have been several things lately that have been so cute but I have forgotten some of them because I didn't write them down:(

I do want to share one though...I am trying to start going back to the morning service at church (we've been going to the 5 service ever since we came back from China). So last week there is a sweet older lady who is what we call a "snow bird" because she only comes to Florida 6 months out of the year in the summer time. Anyway she had not met Madison yet so when she saw us she was SO thrilled to meet her. She went up to Madison and said hello and this was Madison's response, "Hello Grandma, thank you for the Christmas presents & for valentine presents." HA! Bless her heart, everytime she sees someone with gray hair she calls them grandma.  I think our recent trips to Alabama have confused her a bit but I'm she'll get better.

Regarding instructions the other day I asked her to close the blinds & she went to the microwave & opened it. I said no go to the window & close the blinds then she went to the fridge and opened & shut it. So we are working on giving her directions at home & teaching her how to understand what we are asking her to do. It is a work in progress for sure but to look back 6 months ago till now, its amazing to see how far she has come.

I will leave you with a few random pictures:)



No we did NOT get a dog:) This is a friends dog that Morgan fell in love with. My whole family has been begging for a dog (even David) but I'm still standing strong & refusing. I think I have enough on my plate right now with trying to raise three kids...a preschooler & a teenager at the same time....wow, not a good combo let me just say:)


Happy Monday!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,
    What about a pig that goes in a litter box?? I know where you can get one for FREE! =) (makes that dog look like a better idea huh?)

    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete