header

header

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

HOW IT ALL STARTED...

I started this blog to keep family & friends updated on our adoption process. However, I never started from the beginning, and shared how the decision to adopt came about. So today, that is what I want to do. So bare with me, I will try to share the short version.


It all started this summer when David & Morgan went on a mission trip to China. They spent 10 days working at a camp with orphans, special needs orphans. God began to do a work in BOTH their hearts that week. Meanwhile back home, I was giving God a list of all the reasons why we couldn't adopt which kind of went something like this: I'm content with our family of four, we don't have the money to adopt, we don't have another bedroom etc, etc, etc.  When I looked, really looked, at my long list of reasons why we could not adopt, all I found was SELFISHNESS!  So I began to pray & ask God to change my heart and if indeed, He wanted us to adopt. Over the next few weeks God did just that, I couldn't get the orphans I saw in the pictures & videos off of my mind. I keep hearing this little voice saying " Now that you know about the needs of these orphans what are you going to do about it?" 


Over the next 2 months God put adoption in my path almost daily. Sometimes it was in a very subtle way, and other times it was very "in my face". From people coming up to me who just started sharing their adoption story, to radio stations talking about adoption, and even opening up the Osprey Observer one day & low and behold the first page I turned to, yep you guessed it, an article on how God chooses certain families to adopt!!! I could share so many other instances of how the Lord really made it clear to me that this was something that He was calling our family to do, but for the sake of time I will move on :)


After 2 months of praying, I couldn't continue to be disobedient any longer.  We then called Great Wall Adoption Agency and got the process started.  Since we began God has continued to show Himself through this process & although some days I do feel overwhelmed by the journey we are on, we are looking forward to seeing God reveal Himself to us in ways that we would have missed otherwise.  So, what has God been asking you to do?  




Blessings, 
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment