header

header

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I have decided to....

Well I've decided to try my hat at "blogging" but let me first confess that I am not a writer. I can do a run on sentence like it's nobody's business so please show me some grace.


As many of you know we have started the process of adopting a child from China and I  want to document our journey for our family, friends and for us.


How far in the process are we, you ask? Well at this moment we are waiting on Immigration to approve us to adopt Internationally. Once approved, all the mounds of paperwork we have completed will then be sent to the Chinese consulate here in the States for authentication, and then over to the Chinese Government for authentication.  After those two groups approve all our paperwork, praise the Lord, our Dossier will be complete and we will be that much closer to being "logged in".  Logged in means that we can then be matched with the boy or girl God has in store for us, which hopefully, will happen by the end of January.


So in closing, we would appreciate everyone's prayers as we continue on this journey.


Blessings,
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Good first blog, Melissa! I can't wait to see who God has chosen for you :0) I know this child will be blessed beyond measure. Hugs to you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? Writing isn't so hard! ;) I think you and Jenn should have a blog off...every time one writes an entry, the other has to write one, too! I'll just read. Oh and with this background, theres no confusing your blog for another whitten family blog! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! Welcome to the blog world! Have fun with it. I'll be following along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that you didn't mention your sweet sister and her family in your very first blog!!! haha I have enjoyed EVERY minute that I have got to spend with you this week. It has went by WAY too fast. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete