header

header

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

CONVICTED

On Sunday David used an illustration during his sermon about how our faith in Jesus is a lot like paint...paint just sitting in a bucket is useless, but when you take out a brush and begin to apply it that is when the paint transforms your house. Our faith is just the same, if we don't apply what we learn on Sunday's or what the Lord is teaching us in our daily time with Him then it's useless.

The Bible isn't about information but application!

So as I was reading the Sermon on the Mount this morning, I looked in the commentary section and it was saying how Jesus not only wanted to teach the multitudes but He also wanted to teach those who had a sincere desire to know more about Him. He had crowds of people following Him to listen to His teachings but He wanted to speak to those who weren't just curious about the miracles He had preformed but those who deep down in their hearts took Him seriously. So He went up a very steep hill overlooking the Sea of Galilee, because He knew only those who took His messiahship seriously would make the effort to go all the way to the top.

This stood out to me & also convicted me greatly. I thought of the pastors that our church supports in Uganda, and how they walk or ride a bike for miles and miles to church each week to preach God's word and how their congregations also walk for miles just to hear God's word! And then I thought of the times when maybe we've had a long weekend & how tempted I sometimes am just to sleep in. Or how when it rains it seems like church attenance is down or if there is a big game on tv our church services take a hit...I just feel like we have so many excuses on why we "cant make it". But if we start reading the Bible not just for information but actually apply it then we would have a heart for Jesus, we would be like one of those people who followed Him up a steep, very treacherous terrain just to hear Him preach. LORD I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT. I am tired of making excuses. I dont want to be like those who were only "curious" and did'nt want to make the extra effort.


I pray the next time you (and I) are tempted to give an excuse on why were to busy for God we will remember his word & what He did for us on the cross.


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment