header

header

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

MY FIRST BORN...WARNING THIS IS A LONG ONE!

Morgan is turning 13 today....13! How can this be? It feels like only yesterday that I was going to the hospital to have her. Tonight at 8:49 PM she will be 13. SO today I am taking a walk down memory lane:)



Morgan you truly are my miracle child. Some of you already know Morgan's story but I am going to share the "cliff notes" version. When I was pregnant with Morgan I went to the doctor for my first sonogram & they didn't see anything so the Dr. sent me for blood work and I was told to come back in the following week. The next week I had another sono showing no heartbeat...I was heartbroken and devastated. They did more blood work & 2 more sonograms over the next several weeks and when all was said and done I was informed that I had lost my baby and I was scheduled for a D&C.

That Saturday when I went to the hospital to have the procedure I was told that my Dr. was in emergency surgery so we were sent to a waiting room. While we were there a nurse came & said Mrs. Whitten I am going to give you a sonogram while your waiting...this nurse had no idea that I was there to get a D&C and knew nothing about my case but I reluctantly went with her. By this time I was on my 5th sonogram and I knew the drill. However on this day the nurse said something I hadn't heard before, as she rubbed the wand over my belly she said, "and here's your baby's heartbeat" I literally jumped off the table...say what? My baby doesn't have a heartbeat. I began to cry & tell her why I was there.

That day and that miracle will be forever etched in my memory! God is SO good! From that day forward I had no more problems and delivered the most beautiful baby girl on April 16, 2000.







Morgan's first youth camp at 5 weeks old!









Morgan, you have made my life so much better than I could have ever imagined. You are growing up to be a beautiful young women & I know God has some amazing plans for your life. My prayer is that you will follow after His plans for you and that you will grow up to be a sold out follower of Christ in all you do.

You are a great big sister!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Morgan.. May God bless you now and Always.. you are turning out to be a beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday from all of us Morgan! :)

    ReplyDelete