header

header

Thursday, May 23, 2013

JUST TRYING TO SURVIVE :)

This is the last week of school for my girls and I have spent the better part of my week just trying to keep them FOCUSED! I mean, I too am having a hard time with it...I checked out about a week ago & I think they did too. Morgan had final exams Mon, Tue, & Wed and she gets out at noon everyday this week which is great.  I love having her home early However, It has totally messed up my schedule. Madison still has VPK til June 7th so picking Morgan up at noon and by the time i get through the Carline its time to drop Madison off, then go back & get McKinley at 2:30 then pick Madison up at 4 whew... Yes its ever bit as relaxing as it sounds!

So let me share with you my day today. This is how it all went down:

6:30 get up & get everyone ready
8:00 off to school
8:20 Madison & I take a car load of 7th graders on their year end party, bowling (20 minutes away)
Then I have to be back at the bowling alley at 11:30 to pick the girls back up to get them back to school for car line at noon.
After I dropped off the girls we had exactly 45 minutes to grab some lunch & get Madison to her school at 1.
At 1:15 I headed back to the girls school to work the math & spelling carnival for McKinley's class and that lasted till 2:30.

So as you can see I had a very peaceful & stress free day:)

Summer will officially begin at our house tomorrow! I have been looking forward to no schedules or school routines, no homework to check or reading to do. Oh, wait did I say no reading? Sorry about that, I am  not one of those moms who let their children go all summer without picking up a book or staying up to date on their math & spelling skills:) whoops that was just a typo!

Now as excited as I have been about no schedule and sleeping in...wait there is never sleeping in around here because my 4 year old is up at 6:30 every morning, anyway as I was saying I have been waiting for the summertime, no routine days to get here but after about 1 month my "not-so-laid-back" personality comes back & I crave the mundane routine of life.

And for good measure, just in case some of you may be thinking that I was a bit dramatic about my busy day I have pictures to prove it!  Enjoy & happy summer!












In the above picture Morgan started jump roping at McKinleys party and within a few minutes
she was surrounded by a bunch of 1st graders.


No comments:

Post a Comment