header

header

Monday, May 13, 2013

Little things I take for granted

Madison's teacher sent home a letter on Friday saying they needed some baby pictures of Madison for a project they are doing. My heart sunk and immediately my eyes filled up with tears because those are photos that, best to my knowledge, do not exist.  When we adopted Madison we were given only 1 baby picture of her from when she was 3 months old. It's a picture the Orphanage took of Madison the day they found her in that alley (see below).

I am SO thankful for that one picture because I know that many orphaned children do not even get that. However, it makes me sad that we only have that one picture and then nothing until she was 2. There are going to be so many times throughout the years when teachers are going to ask for baby pictures or Madison is going to ask questions that we will not know how to answer and that makes my heart sad for Madison.

Here it is, the one and only baby picture we have of our little firecracker:




Again, we are thankful to have that one baby photo and even more thankful that God put it on our hearts to adopt. Our prayer is that as Madison gets older she will see and understand how much she is loved both by God and us because out of all the millions of orphans in China and around the world, God put us all together for a reason. 

Blessings--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment