header

header

Sunday, June 10, 2012

My favorite book says were all adopted

Me & the girls are home from church today because McKinley woke up sick. So I thought
it would be a good day for me to share some thoughts that I have been having. WARNING:
I may get a little "preachy" but that doesn't happen very often so I think you all can handle it:)

Over the past 8 months I've thought a lot about Orphans & why God cares for them so much. His care and love for them are mentioned throughout the bible.

Psalm 8:3 " Defend the cause of the weak & fatherless;maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed'
John 14:18" I will not leave you as Orphans; I will come to you"

At one time we were all Orphans- alone, unloved, hopeless & scared. If you know Christ as your savior then you were adopted. Just as our family has chosen to go through the adoption process, God has "chosen" to adopt us. Eph 1:4-6 says " He has chosen us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be Holy and blameless in his sight. in love. He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ.

SO God's adoption process was through Jesus Christ.

I read a story a few months ago ( because all I do now is read blogs & books on Adoption:)about a family who was adopting a teenager from China. when they went to China to get her, she refused to be adopted.. Now to us that seems crazy, because we can see the situation form a different view point. we know that this child would have a much better life and would be loved & cared for. she would have a hope & a future. But, to her she was getting taken away from the only life she had ever known. It broke my heart to think about this family who had spent the last year of their life waiting for this very moment, to then have to go back home without their child. Her life would be changed drastically if only she would "allow" them to adopt her.

It made me realize that is how so many of us are. God wants to adopt us, He's chosen us, He's calling us & yet so many say NO. They choose to stay in their life that is hopeless, with no chance for a future. But God who sees the whole picture, so desperately wants them to just accept his free gift. all they have to do is "allow" him to adopt them into His kingdom. Then they will no longer be an Orphan- unloved, hopeless, unprotected. they will "belong" to someone, they will have a hope and a future.
I think this is why God wants us to care for the Orphans. Adoption is a very real picture of what He has done for us!  There are so many ways we can help Orphans. We can give to oranizations like Show Hope, that povide grants for those adopting. we can sponsor an orphan from places like,, Pearl River outreach.org or 147millionorphans.com, Newday fosterhome.blogspot.com
we could pray daily for all the 147 million orphans in our world, we all know that prayer works!
OR you could bring home one of these children and make them apart of your family.

I'm closing with a quote from David Platt " Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names.theyare easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms, but once you do, EVERYTHING changes"

To me there is no truer quote! (Is truer a word? well if its not i just made it one:)
if you are still reading this LONG post, thank you for hanging in there and allowing me to share my thoughts.

Happy Sunday!
Melissa

3 comments: