header

header

Sunday, March 10, 2013

This & That

I haven't posted much lately because I really haven't had much to say. In all, things have been pretty quiet and normal around the Whitten house and for that we are thankful. Since the kids start spring break tomorrow I'm sure that I'll have some pictures of a few of the fun things we will do (although as of right now we have no plans :-). While we do have some friends coming over to swim tomorrow that is the extent of our plans right now.


Yesterday Madison had a little set back. She got mad about something small (dropped her bracelet in the car and since I couldn't stop and get it, it progressed into a tantrum that lasted about 40 minutes). We still never know what will set her off or even what she is really thinking/feeling in those moments since her English is still very limited.  She's come a long way for sure but beyond the basics it not too clear what she is saying.

I checked the two big girls out of school a little early on Friday & took them for ice cream..I never do this, I am a little OCD about them not missing school unless they are sick. They were surprised and enjoyed their ice creams.


We went to PF Chang's (my favorite restaurant) on Friday night. I think you can tell from the pictures that Madison loved it! She ate all her plate then had some white rice AND then asks for more! she started picking up every morsel of food left on the table.

This is usually what my China doll looks like when she gets up in the morning:) and let me just say, that it is very hard to get that hair to lay down without completely washing it .




It amazes me how she is such a good "mommy" for her bears. The way she takes care of them & loves on them you would never know that she never had that in her life.


Tonight I made the girls corn dogs..(because I am a great mother & believe you can never get enough processed foods! Kidding) anyway, I didn't realize Madison had never had them before & she kept saying "Look Kinley theres a hot dog in it" then she would just laugh & say "that's funny". Oh the things we take for granted.

Happy Sunday,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment