header

header

Friday, June 14, 2013

I SURVIVED!

Back in April for Morgan's 13th birthday we got her tickets to see 1-Direction in concert. Well, Thursday was the big day so we all loaded up & drove to Ft. Lauderdale. David & the girls came along too because, to be honest, I am directionally challenged and neither myself nor David thought I could actually get us there and back, and boy am I glad he came because that place was pure chaos.

The concert was sold out, it started at 7:30, but my girl wanted to get there at 5 so she could possibly, just maybe see the 1D tour bus pull up:)  So, being the great mom that I am I went...2.5 hours BEFORE the concert....1.5 hours BEFORE the doors opened...in the 95 degree humidity and heat!

There were thousands of teenage girls and a few guys waiting outside the BB&T center.




As you can see Morgan was all decked out from her finger nails to her toes:)

Quick story...I had my camera with my big lens and a special SD card for recording HD video and after waiting in line for 2 hours to get in, the security guard working the metal detectors at the entrance started searching my things and told me that I couldn't take my camera in because it had a detachable lens...OK no problem, I will leave it with security and pick it up after right? NO! She told me that they would not hold it and I could not bring it in...then she said you can take it to your car, which would be a pain since the parking lot it forever a way but the big kicker is I DIDN'T DRIVE. We took a shuttle from our hotel so I had no car to put it in. Now surely after finding out that piece of info she would say "oh OK ma'am" but NO. She said "oh well sorry".... She said I would have to leave my camera bag..with my Cannon T3i and 3 lenses outside for anyone to steal. REALLY? Long story short I had to leave my camera bag sitting by a trash can as I watched it from a distance and called David to come get it...GRRRR






Morgan had a great time & I survived however, I'm pretty sure my hearing will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment