header

header

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Anniversary

Today we are celebrating 15 years together. We dated 7 years before we got married so we've been together for 22 years! Wow, I feel really old . 

15 years & 3 children later, I can honestly say I love David more today than the day I walked down the aisle: 


On August 1,1998  when I walked down that aisle, I couldn't have imagined what our life would look like 15 years later & how amazingly blessed we would be. We have had our hard times but God has been there & gotten us through each one.  The Lord has blessed us way more than we ever deserve.

When I think about the beginning of our life together, I must admit that I wasn't exactly sure what that would look like knowing that God had called David into ministry. I think if I had known back then I might have went running for the hills (ha,ha). Ministry is hard, BUT the blessings outweigh the hardships by a long shot. Being a pastors family we get to see God moving in the lives of people up close & personal, in a way that most others do not. It truly is an amazing thing to see! I cant believe that God choose me to be David's wife, a pastors wife. Most days, well everyday, I do not feel qualified to be in this position, Its a scary place to be for me at times but with that being said, there is NOWHERE else I would rather be! I love my husband & I love my church. I am blessed for sure.

And because I don't take myself to seriously and I think it's good to laugh at yourself, I am going to let you go with me down memory lane...please remember big hair was very cool when I was growing up:)


Doesn't David look like he's a member of a boy band? HA
This was my Jr prom


 This was when we were dating:)


Ahhh, I could show you many many more but I wont do that :)

I feel very blessed to be able to celebrate 15 years with the man that I love!

MELISSA

2 comments:

  1. Love the big hair and love your family! 15 years is something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! Happy Anniversary. (sorry it's almost a week late). You guys are a blessing to us and we are so thankful that we have become friends.

    ReplyDelete