header

header

Monday, October 24, 2016

Haiti Part 1

I left last Monday headed for a week in Haiti. I wasn't sure what to expect since this was my first time there but I had a great week. I really do not enjoy flying so this was the perfect trip, only a little over 2 hrs and we were there.

Yanira and I waiting to head to Miami



And were off!


We flew to Miami and had a couple hrs layover and met up with the rest of the team and then headed to Haiti. Once we got there we got on the Tap Tap, which is basically in the back of a big truck and headed to drop off our things at the hotel and then headed to pillatre, where we would be working all week.


TAP TAP




Our Hotel:

 That was the view from our room.

We worked most of the week at Pillatre Christian school taking pictures for HCM (Haitian christian ministries) for their child sponsorship.

They have a school, church and medical center all on site.

The kids were amazed by us and loved to come up and hug us and rub our arms and play with our hair:) So I had been warned that when the bell rang for break if I valued my personal space at all I needed to go into the apartment that was by the school because none of the children are aloud in there.












So as you can tell I choose not to go into the apartment:)



We had a great first day in Haiti!




No comments:

Post a Comment