header

header

Friday, June 27, 2014

MUCH NEEDED

We left the kids with family in Alabama and David and I headed to Tybee Island, Georgia for a weeks vacation...ALL ALONE...WITHOUT KIDS! It has been 3 years since our last couple's trip and this was much needed, especially since we haven't been able to get away much since our adoption of Madison.


It was a 6 hour drive from my parents home in Alabama and I can't believe I am saying this, but when you don't have 3 kids in the car a 6 hour car ride can be somewhat relaxing.

last night we went to a restaurant called "Social". I had shrimp n grits and it was SO good!


Then we took a little walk on the beach..because we can, remember NO KIDS:)



And then later that night we went back to the beach for the sunset.


I felt a little guilty leaving the girls, and there may have been a tear or two (by me not the girls) but I know they are having fun. My mom has sent me a few pictures of them playing in the spash park at a place called Oxford lake.




It makes it so much better knowing that my kids are with their grandparents and catching up on some lost time and playing with their cousins.  Morgan is also enjoying herself at my in-laws shopping and being away from her sisters for a few days. After 4 weeks of us all being together traveling I think we've all needed some alone time and we are grateful for the opportunity to do our own thing for a bit.

Please pray that everyone stays safe and healthy while we are apart and that everyone makes some great memories.  Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment