header

header

Monday, June 30, 2014

A sad farewell

Well we left Savannah this morning! David & I are already planning when we can come back:)

We left on the boat yesterday morning to walk around downtown again:

That picture was us on the boat, it really has no significance except that I haven't gotten one single picture of us that has been decent because, as I may have mentioned before, it's blazin HOT and my hair is always pulled back...So as soon as we got out this morning I took that picture and sure enough 15 minutes later my hair was up in a bun & my makeup was running down my face:)

I was living a dream  when we ate at Lady & Son's, Paula Deen's restaurant:


We spent most of the day just relaxing and reading (my 2nd book) by the pool.  And here's a little funny story, we decided to go eat at this BBQ place that we had read about. We drove about 10 minutes to get there & when we got there a bunch of people were outside and tables were set up like it was an outside buffet type of thing.  As we started to walk into the restaurant a lady close by told us to go get a plate, another man told us there were free drinks inside and to help ourselves. Well at this point, we both were a bit confused and then finally the lady said, "We are closed today for a book signing party but still grab some food because there's plenty."  So what happened?  We crashed a book signing party that's what! While I wanted to leave, David was all about the free food so we grabbed a plate and ate some BBQ.  Yep, me and David sat outside with a bunch of people who knew each other but not us, and as you might imagine (for those who know me), I was horrified.

Here is a (very bad) picture of the event and the book (which we didn't buy even though I felt we should after they asked us to stay.  Who knows, maybe we'll crash a wedding tomorrow!





And the summer sabbatical continues...I will see my kiddo's soon and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment