header

header

Saturday, August 25, 2012

3 a.m. thoughts...

Well it's 3 a.m. here and David & I both woke up 30 minutes ago.  Since there is not much on TV I thought I would post a little update.

Tonight we both ventured out with our dinner. I had Kung Pao chicken & David ate sweet & sour pork, which right now, is making David feel a bit sour if you know I mean!  I love spicy food, but goodness gracious IT WAS SPICY and certainly lived up to the "POW" in its name. I started removing peppers left & right!  David said there is a Seinfeld episode about George's spicy chicken but I don't know what he is talking about. Here are a few pictures!

David's meal

My meal

Look at all of the peppers I picked out!

Speaking of David, he just remembered that our church's second annual beach baptism is taking place at this very moment back in Tampa.  Over 50 people are scheduled to follow Christ in believer's baptism today (the most ever at one single time in the 12 year history of FishHawk Fellowship), and we both are a bit bummed to miss it.  We are very proud of all those who are making a very public profession of their faith in Christ today...great job everyone!

Thanks to Pastor Daniel for the photo!

On another random note, we just checked the weather for Guangzhou and it's going to be 99 degrees on Monday.  I'm not looking forward to walking around in that heat, so hopefully we won't have much to do after the Civil Affairs appointment with Madison.

As each moment passes, it gets much more real that we are about to have a new daughter (which might also be a contributing factor to David's stomach issues)!  It's also a bit terrifying due to the language barrier that we'll have.  Please continue to pray for that first meeting on the 27th, and we'll keep you posted.

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Not surprising you are not on "China Sleep Time". Hope your stomachs are better and you are getting ready to move on. The Baptism's were amazing. There will be many photos for you to view when you return as everyone had a camera.
    Save travels and ENJOY yourselves! God will handle the communications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are bummed we missed it too. It was my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. So we had a big party for them.

    Enjoy those last moment together before your world is forever changed. I pray for a smooth transition for you guys.

    ~Karen Fridge

    ReplyDelete