header

header

Thursday, August 2, 2012

OUR FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED !

Yay! we have our flights booked. Here is the run down:

We fly out on Thursday Aug 23rd .
Then leave Chicago at 1:37 Pm and land in Hong Kong on Friday 24th at 5:55PM ( which is 5:55 am
our time). So that is 17hours of flying!!! I can't stress enough PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for me.

We decided to skip the touring in Beijing and fly straight to Hong Kong, it is only an hour train ride to Guanzhou which is where Madison's Province is. SO we will have all day on the 25th in Hong Kong to rest and hopefully get over the jetlag. David seems to think that I am going to need this day of rest :) Then we will take a train on the 26th to Guanzhou and on Monday 27th is our GOTCHA DAY! and we will stay in Guanzhou the rest of the time until we take the train back to Hong Kong late on the 6th and fly home on Friday Sept 7th.

So that's the latest, David is booking our Hotel in Hong Kong as I am typing this, I am getting really
excited but also a bit anxious as I have so much to do. I have not even began to start thinking about what all I need to pack. (Kim if you are reading this & have any tips on some must have's, let me know). Thats is all I know for now, I will continue to post updates as we get them.


Blessings,
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am soooo excited!!! I am going to pull a list together for you right now... one thing - expect Madison to be smaller than you think - MeiLeigh is still wearing 9 months in pants... I will email you a list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys!! I still have bags of Kylie's small clothes. If they will work for Madison you are more than welcome to keep them! I will be praying!!!

    ~Karen Fridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! We are from Leesburg GA! Linda sent me a message yesterday so I googled your blog and got lucky. We are leaving 22nd, arriving at 10:30 in Bejing on the 23rd. We are adopting two and they are both from Zhengzhou, Henan, so we will be jumping around a bit. Our gotcha day will be Monday 27th and I am so excited! Our consulate appointment is 9/6. I am sure we will be in Guangzhou at the same time!

    ReplyDelete