header

header

Thursday, August 23, 2012

In Chicago!




We made it to Chicago

We have landed in Chicago! BUT our flight to Hong Kong has been delayed, so it looks like we will be here for the next 6 hours or so. But thank heavens for Bill & Debbie because they gave us two United Club tickets last night! Boy have they come in handy!  Instead of waiting in the busy airport, we are in the club lounge sitting in comfy chairs with free wifi and refreshments!

 


The flight from Tampa to Chicago went well. I wasn't anxious at all...however it was only a 2.5 hour flight, and by the end of the flight my hip was hurting!  :)   So the 15hr flight might do me in! I also had the honor of being randomly patted down...TWICE! I have a feeling this might turn up in a future sermon!  :)   I do miss my girls already.  One minute I am fine & the next I'm crying..poor David!

This time last year, I was telling God how happy I was with my family of four, that we didn't have the $ to adopt, and that McKinley had just started school...I mean, didn't God know that I FINALLY had both girls in school, which meant I had 6 hours to myself??   It was also this time last year that God started to slowly change my heart & revealed to me (on a daily basis) that His plan for our family was to adopt an orphan from China. For some people that my not be a big step BUT for me, that was a HUGE step of faith. I know our journey is really only about to begin & there's sure to be times that are challenging, but I can look back over these last 10 months & see how God has provided for us each step of the way & that He Promises to be with me always!  So when the "fear of the unknown" starts to rear its ugly head and I start to worry, I am try to remember all of God's provisions and take comfort in that.  Right now, just knowing that I'm right in the middle of God's will is a very peaceful place to be.

Ok, enough with words. I dont have many pictures yet, but I will leave you with the few that I have.

Love,
Melissa

5 comments:

  1. I'm sad you have the delay. But happy you could use the passes. At least you got a window seat in the club. We could not. It was too busy the day we were there. LOL
    Praying for a smooth flight. I can't wait to see photos of the trip. Enjoy the quiet. :-)
    love & Hugs....
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you are having fun already. Those clubs save the day for having to hang out in airports. I'm watching for your every post as I was for Debbie's and still am folowing hers(Debbie don't forget to post). Just enjoy it and don't let the small things bother you. So excited for you guys and praying for every aspect of the trip and the process. This is the adventure and experience of a lifetime and some of us have the blessing of being able to live it through others when you are willing to share with us.
    Love to you both,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great seeing your posts..stay calm and enjoy the couple hrs on land. You are in our prayers.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers - mostly for David dealing with you - just kidding! He looks plenty relaxed in the photo. Try to enjoy this entire experience Melissa. Like you said God has changed your heart and because of that, Madison is about to be blessed beyond belief to become a part of your family. Our love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying, praying, praying... It WILL be awesome... even if at the moment you don't think so. Take pictures of everything! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete