header

header

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ni hao from Guangzhou

Hi everyone! We left our hotel in HK at noon & took a taxi (hated it!) to the train station in a city called Kowloon.  From there we took a 2 hr train to Guangzhou. This is where we will remain for the rest of our trip. 

So, I told you I would let you know what I thought about the Bullet train...we ended up being on a regular train & the ride was very relaxing! It was still very fast, though!  And guess what?  No seatbelts!!!  Trust me. I looked EVERYWHERE for a seatbelt...None!!!  The taxi ride--well, that was another story! I did not like that at all!!  A few things I've learned today: that taxis in HK drive REALLY fast, they do not slow down for anyone AND they cut people off often.   

Once we got to the hotel there was a little mix up--they didn't have us listed!  Long story short, our agency got us confused with another family who was going to use their Marriott points to book their room, so they cancelled ours!  They gave us our room & said they would work it out with our agency tomorrow. Our room is very nice & the bathroom is very spacious which is a good thing since we will be staying here for the next 12 days.



We met our guide, Kelly, and she was very nice. She said she met Madsion's nanny last week & that she knows we are coming & she is doing ok. I was very happy about this because we weren't sure if Madison knew any of this was about to happen!  We also learned that even though she has been in a foster home for the last 2 yrs, they took her back to the orphanage last week!  They said this was to help transition her, but I'm not really sure how that helps. Both myself & David are starting to get really nervous about tomorrow!  Just the communication barrier itself is very stressful.  Please continue to pray for us tomorrow!

David was very happy this morning, and you will know why once you look at the picture below...

                  

Yes, he found Nascar on TV & his face just lit up! And I must say, when Tony Stewart took off his helmet & threw it at Matt Kenseth's car I got very interested in it too...that was live action!  :)
Well it is almost 7 PM here, and I only slept for 1 hour last night so I am planning on going to bed early.  The rest of my updates will all be about Madison from here on out.  Not sure when I will be able to update tomorrow, but I promise I will post some pics.

Have a great day!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. So glad David has found the important things are available there. Can't wait to hear about your meeting. I just know God will handle all of the communication for you.

    ReplyDelete