header

header

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Twas the night before China



This will be my last update from good ole Florida. My parents got in a little before midnight last night & I have completely overwhelmed them with all the info that I feel they need to run my household:) we have went over home work procedure , carline , church & youth services etc. And they are painting Madison's room for us while we're gone and my dad will be putting her bed together:). And I must say I have learned a few things about myself through all of this: 1) I am way more OCD, type A, control freak than I thought I was and 2). I DO NOT handle stress well!

As if I'm not nervous enough about the flight tomorrow, we asked the girls if they have any questions, concerns? Anything ? All Morgan said was "don't let your plane crash"!Ugh ,then my dad politely reminds me to be sure to get up frequently because I could get blood clots, ghee I'm feeling so much more relaxed now... And as I'm typing this David just said "I'm typing up a will just in case" I mean, don't get me wrong I'm all for being prepared but COME On Family, I'm already stressed enough!

But all in all we've had a good day, everything that needs to be done is done. We all just had family time at home tonight, which was really nice. Most nights,especially lately, we are constantly on the go so for all 4 of us to be home with nothing to do was really nice.

I know so many of you are praying for us and I am so grateful for your prayers.I know God has called us on this journey and now He will equip us.

OK, I'm gonna try to get some sleep ( not very likely) next time you hear from me we will be in Chicago and then on our way to Hong Kong.

Prayer requests:  Safe travels
                            That both David & I will be healthy
                            The girls will have a great time while were gone
                             That Madison"s foster Mom has read her the letter we sent & is preparing her to
                             meet us.

                             and that she will know we are her Mom & Dad the minute we meet


Good Night!
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Have not stopped thinking about you guys or praying for you guys. Praying for Madison as she gets ready to meet her forever mommy & daddy. Praying for your girls and parents at home that they have an amazing fun, filled week. Praying for you & David's safety as you travel for two weeks. Praying you have an AMAZING 2 weeks. You know we are here for you. I can't wait to see that you are safely in China. Love & Hugs from our whole family!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for everything on your list... slow down and ENJOY this experience... you will look back on this trip and think, "Did I REALLY go to CHINA???" Can't wait to read about God's blessings on your family while you are on the other side of the world! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also are hilarious!!! Truly laughing out loud while reading!! We are praying for you guys through every step! Can't wait to read the updates, see pictures, and when she is ready - meet your beautiful new daughter!! :)

    ReplyDelete