header

header

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

RoutineROUTINE..

I think we have finally found our routine around here & things are working as they should. I never knew how much I craved routine until these last few months:) God has shown me a lot of things about myself I didn't realize ( or that I just didn't want to address about myself)

For Madison, having a routine makes her feel safe, she likes to know what is going on at all times. Every night around 7:15 or so she starts saying "take bath" because she knows that its getting close to her bedtime. David started setting a timer on his phone to let her know that it was time to go to bed & she has to have that timer set each night:)

After her bath each night she always does the same three things: she brushes her hair & puts on a headband( I'm not really sure why she does that but she HAS to do it each night or it messes up her routine & she gets a little agitated) and then she brushes her teeth.





I have never been that structured before, so it has been a little difficult to make sure we are home in time for her bedtime etc. I have had to skip some events at church because Madison needs this routine right now but I think this will get better over time. So this leads me to Thanksgiving... We have decided to go home to Alabama this year( we haven't been home for Thanksgiving in about 7 yrs) All our extended family wants to meet Madison & when we are home for Christmas we do not get to see everyone. I am extremely excited to see everyone But I am also worried about how Madison will do. This will be her first time in the car for longer than an hour:) And going to a new place & sleeping somewhere new.. all of this is fine even fun for most kids, but for her this is stressful. I'm praying it all goes well. She skypes with my parents often & talks with them on the phone so I think that will help her feel more comfortable at their house.

So if you think of us next week, say a little prayer for my little firecracker!

Blessings-

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Praying for Madison to adjust well to the visit... and looking so forward to seeing you all. MeiLeigh looks at the girls pictures every night before we say our prayers. Have a safe trip home!!! :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete