header

header

Friday, November 30, 2012

3 MONTHS HOME & A STRESSFUL 48 HOURS

I know I have been missing from the "blog-o-sphere" these past two days and let me tell you it wasn't by choice... Long story short on Wednesday night I turned on my laptop to discover that ALL my pictures were GONE.....Yes, all 1,700 of them! So I did what any normal person would do, I started to cry.

I started scrambling trying to find out what had happened. I called my friends husband who "knows all things MAC" and he told me not to mess with anything! So I took it to Bill and for the last 48 hours he has been working to recover all my pictures. and he DID IT! The only problem is that he recovered
20,000 images that I have to sort through & delete all the duplicates. But I will gladly do it, I am just SO happy to have my photos back.  THANK YOU, BILL!

Last night I went with 5 other ladies from my church to see the movie documentary called "Somewhere in Between" It followed several Chinese girls who had been adopted & how they felt about themselves now. Some were on a quest to find their birth parents while other had no desire to. All of them however, were still struggling with abandonment issues. I am so glad that I went and I plan on ordering a copy off Amazon so that David can watch it too.

To be honest, I thought that last night was going to be very low key and uneventful but let me tell you, it was so far from a boring night! I can't even begin to explain all that happened (it's another blog post of it's on) that I may or may not share. What I will say is that addition to a nice night out with friends it all ended with a cat, a homeless man, & a police officer! Whew, too much for this Alabama girl to handle.

Now onto the good stuff:  My baby has been home for 3 months!!!!


If I am honest (and I really try to be :) these last 3 months have had many struggles but also many successes. This was a bumpy road, yet one that we had to travel to get to where we are now. Madison is doing great! She amazes me with her language each day & I am so very proud to be her mom. We are making progress in the bedtime routine as well, the last two nights she has went to sleep.......wait for it..... all by herself! No one has to lay down with her. She is still in our bedroom but we plan on trying to transition her to her bedroom the first of the year. I still look at her sometimes & am amazed that shes here, in our little family.. God is good!



BLESSINGS-
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. STILL laughing about the other night. :-) Just so thankful that we can laugh about it.

    Madison has changed a lot. Wow! She's such a cutie pie. I'm so thankful we are able to watch her grow.

    So glad your photos were recovered. you always know how to challenge Bill. LOL Honestly he likes the challenge. So thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete