header

header

Sunday, October 7, 2012

1 MONTH HOME






I cannot believe Madison has been home for 1 month today! It seems like it has flown by yet it also feels like its been forever. We are all still learning how to be a family of 5. We ALL have had some adjusting & adapting to do, but by far, Madison has had the most change. I couldn't imagine being taken to a foreign country and told I had to speak their language, eat their food, and love a family I had only just met. Scary for sure!

Madison is adjusting pretty well, and picks up new words everyday. She is still struggling with sharing and thinks every toy in our house should be hers & doesn't want McKinley to play with them:) So as you can imagine I spend a lot of my day working on this:) but it will come eventually. She does very well riding in her car seat now..with that said,there are still days that I have to pull over 3 & 4 times to put her seat belt back on! I know being consistent is the key & she will learn she has to keep it on.

Like I said before, she is sassy & sweet, she has a smile that lights up the room. She loves to sing..almost always in the car I will hear her singing nursery rhymes, some in English others in Cantonese. Right now as I am writing this she is singing a song in Cantonese. Most of the time she likes to get her picture made But when she doesn't want it made, SHE DOESN'T WANT IT MADE!

So far today she has been a little stinker, so if you think about it at 5 today say a little prayer for our first time back at church:) I am so ready to be back but if Madison doesn't do well I will keep her home a few more weeks.



Thank you all so much for the prayers you have sent up on my family's behalf . They have been felt & heard. It has not been an easy journey over the last month but I wouldn't change a thing (well that's not entirely true , I would definitely have left out the night terrors if it was up to me:) we have grown closer to God and also as a family throughout this journey. I pray that Morgan & McKinley will be forever changed by this experience. For them to be more compassionate to others, have a love for the hurting, and see people the way God sees them. Most importantly, to understand that when God asks you to do something that it doesn't always mean that it's going to be an easy road BUT it does mean that He will be there to help them through it. Obedience always brings blessings in the end.



As I was laying down with her last night & looking at her small little face, I couldn't believe she was mine, that the face I have been praying for the last year was laying right next to me. Wow, God is so good! Se was definitely worth the wait!



Melissa









No comments:

Post a Comment