header

header

Monday, October 8, 2012

Church

Many of you have asked how Madison did at church last night so I thought I would do a post. In all, Madison didn't do as well as I had hoped but it wasn't awful either. As soon as we pulled in the parking lot she started grabbing for me to hold her and I dont think she has ever held me so tight:)  As we walked upstairs & took McKinley to her class anytime anyone spoke to her she would just kind of whimper & shake her head No!

I took her in the service with me during the worship time (and she held onto me tightly the whole time) and then when David got up to preach I took her to her class. Morgan is helping the Rose family with the class because we thought it would help Madison feel a bit more comfortable. Both Morgan and her teacher, Donna, said she was a little hesitate but did OK.  Madison didn't really play at all but just watched the other kids.  Once they went to the playground Madison somehow hurt her arm on the slide so when I came back to get her she was sad & starting to cry a bit. I may try and keep her with me the whole service next week and see how she does.

Everyone was so good at not getting to close & just saying hello from a distance.  Madison's teacher, Donna, also sent me a sweet email today to check on Madison and see what she can do to help with Madison's transition to church.  Thank you Donna!  Have I mentioned what an amazing church family we have??? Well we DO!

As for today, Madison has been very good today.  She has been happy pretty much all day and this morning she helped our pool guy (aka David:) clean the pool:

And she always has her little legs crossed... It's the cutest thing! I love it!

David makes fun of me because he says I take too many pictures, but I want to document everything!

So, please continue to pray for our family when we cross your mind and I'll do my best to keep you posted as to how things are going.  Have a great night and thanks!

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa!! I just finally sat down tonight and caught up on your blog. So happy that things have improved! Loved reading all the posts. Will continue to pray for you all! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never post too many pictures and they are the cutest ever. Madison's behavior at church was to be expected. Every kid facing uncertainty clings to what they know. She will be fine in no time. When you first had her you equated her to a 4 yr. old infant. Well now you can equate her to a 4 yr. old 2 yr. old as she is catching up. We see the "Mom don't leave me" meltdown with multiple kids every week at church. Look at how far she has come. And she is way beyond 4 on the lady like behavior. That crossing her legs is adorable.

    ReplyDelete