header

header

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Madison

On July 23rd we will be celebrating Madison's 5th birthday. July 23rd is the birthday the orphanage director gave Madison the day they found her.  The orphanage did measurements and decided she looked to be about 3 months old and so they went back three months to that day and that is how July 23rd became her birthday.

Madison has been asking for over a month when her bday was. She has watched us celebrate McKinley's birthday in February and Morgan's in April and she is ready for her turn:) I cant blame her, she is turning 5 years old and this will be the first time she has ever had a celebration or even a recognition of her special day which makes my heart hurt.

Today she got her first birthday card in the mail from my Aunt & Uncle and when I told her she had a card she ran into the kitchen and grabbed it. Madison then said "I want to open my card in my room" and she ran to her bedroom. David & I looked at each other and then both headed back to her room. I grabbed my camera because I want to document EVERY first she has and I am SO glad that I did. She was absolutely precious opening this card. I have to share the three photo's I took:

I started crying when she did this:

 
Then she wanted to show her card to all her stuffed animal friends on her bed:)



Madison has carried this card around with her all day. She will lay it down for a while and play and then throughout the day she will come to me & ask "wheres my card?"

I cannot wait to see her at her very own party Saturday!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment