header

header

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chen Family Temple and Pearl Market Outings

Today we went with 2 other families to the Chen Family Temple. Our guide said it was a historical landmark that was built in 1886...and that's when she lost my attention. :) Sorry, but anyone who knows me knows that I do not like educational things!  Lol!  Everything is outside & when we did go inside the little stores, they only had a few fans blowing--NO air conditioning!  Have I mentioned that it's 100 degrees here???

Madison did very well today! While we were out touring for 4 hours, she sat in her stroller.  She still has her moments where she doesn't want to obey us, but we have Kelly remind her daily that we are her mom & dad and we love her. And that when we say "No," that means NO!  When we hand her things now, she says " thank you" in the sweetest little voice. She LOVES Hello Kitty and sounds so cute saying that, too.  We just got back to the hotel, so David walked next door to McDonalds to get lunch. I'm sure it's all in my head, but the McDonads, Pizza Hut, etc are not the same to me. I cannot eat any meat here. My diet consists of all fruits & carbs. David on the other hand, has a stomach of steel!  Last night he ate 3 hot dogs, a lamb skewer, & skat fish (whatever that is), while my dinner was watermelon & a bread stick! I usually don't like breakfast, but here it's my favorite meal of the day!

Please pray for Madison's skin.  She has eczema really bad (pretty much all over) & it seems to be getting really dry.  She is now starting to itch so much that she's making herself bleed. We put lotion on a couple of times a day, but I think the heat here is making it worse. She will need some prescription medicine when we get home, I'm sure.

After we left  the temple today we went to the Pearl Market. It is five stories of nothing but jewelry. I'm not much of a jewelry person, so we were ready to go in about 15 minutes!  :) I did buy Madison a pearl necklace to give to her on her 7th or 8th birthday. It was very dirty there & hot.  I made David take Madison to the bathroom, because me & squattie potties don't really work!  And bless his heart, he is a hands on daddy & I LOVE him for it! He came out gagging!!  And wiping himself down with wet wipes. :)

We are happy that the other 2 families are finally here. For those of you who think David is an introvert, you should see him now. Being away from Americans for the last 9 days must have gotten to him, because he is a Chatty Cathy!  I had to tell him the other day to let others talk a little! ;) Ha!

It is only 1:40pm here, so we still have a lot of hours left in our day. So there may be another post later! We will have to see how the day goes . Hope everyone's Sunday is great!  We miss you all!

Blessings,
Melissa

Chen Family Temple











Playing in the Temple Courtyard

Writing Madison's name

"Madison"
Pearl Market
Inside Pearl Market
Making necklace


No comments:

Post a Comment