header

header

Monday, September 3, 2012

4 Days To Go...

Today we went back to Shaman Island with the other 2 families in our group. It was HOT but that didn't stop me from getting a lot of shopping done!  I think I might have bragged a little too much yesterday about Madison loving her stroller, because today she wanted to be out of it a lot. She is pretty good walking around, but she wants every toy she sees so its just easier to keep her in the stroller!

I found a store that had really cute shoes. I bought her 5 pairs of the cutest shoes!  One pair is zebra sandals, and I love them! I was was able to find Morgan & McKinley a few things, too. We've been back in the hotel room for about 3 hours now, so little miss Madison is starting to act out a little bit. I know it has to be so frustrating for her because we cannot understand what she is saying. Now she will say potty in Cantonese & we will say, "use your English words" and then she will say "potty."  She knows what "potty" & "gimme high-five" mean.  David said that to her the first night we had her, so now every time she does something good she will look at us & say "gimme five" and it's the cutest thing.

She has a runny nose today. Please pray she is not starting to get sick. If she has a fever when we start to leave on Friday morning, they will not let us on the plane....we DO NOT want this. One of the other families here said someone got on their plane with a sick child.  They kicked them off and said if they would have stayed on the plane everyone would have had to be quarantined for 2 weeks. Our guide said they are getting very strict about this.

We went back to Lucy's for lunch.  I would pay the taxi fair everyday just to get some of that sweet tea...oh how I miss home!  I'm also going to do a post later about things I've learned in China.  Nothing deep...just random things!  :) I hope you all have had a happy Monday!   I will leave you with a few pictures from today. 

Melissa




Water Views



My beloved sweet tea!

Fries and fried chicken






2 comments:

  1. We are praying for good health for all of you. Love reading your updates and seeing your pictures. Madison is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for no sickness! We need you guys HOME!
    You did great at shopping! I'm glad you had fun.
    We did not even know Lucy's had sweet tea. LOL

    ReplyDelete