header

header

Monday, September 3, 2012

Things I've Learned in China

Things I've learned in China:
  • They don't have ranch dressing here!
  • I may be the only one who feels this way but...the McDonald's, Pizza Hut, etc just aren't the same! For some reason, I cannot eat any meat here--not even a burger from McDonald's!
  • The people have no fear!  They just walk right out in front of cars, buses, etc.
  • Rarely are traffic laws obeyed (if they even have any).
  • People stare A LOT!!!
  • Pizza Hut is a nice, sit down, fancy restaurant here. I mean, with waitresses, nice cloth napkins and everything! :)
  • You are not suppose to leave tips in restaurants.  We tried to leave one at Pizza Hut & the waitress ran after us to give it back!
  • Oh, and I can now add a bike to the list of things that have almost ran me over.  Our guide had to push me out of the way the other day! ;)
  • And that I like " American" Chinese food--NOT authentic Chinese food!
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. hahaha.... I can just "hear" you saying these things. :) I literally laughed out loud about you being willing to pay the taxi fair to get the sweet tea too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I've learned about you while you are in China...
    1. You obviously are looking around too much. Please pay better attention to the wreckless cars, taxis, bicycles, etc. Sheeez!
    2. There is no way that you would know that people are staring at you if you weren't already staring at them! Remember that YOU are the tourist!
    3. Your zebra pattern addiction is worse than I thought!
    4. You have a date with me to go to Pacific Grill when you get back...wait, that's not Chinese food, is it?
    5. You are a great mom!
    6. You belong in Valrico, Florida!

    xoxo Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are killing me Melissa... too funny. Btw the best Chinese food is actually in Puerto Rico. LOL

    ReplyDelete