header

header

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Long Day!




Well, another very long & somewhat stressful day is almost done. I say "long" because other than the hour we were gone to the Consulate this morning, we've had all day by ourselves with NOTHING to do.  We had to leave at 8 am this morning, which totally messed up our daily routine of killing time.  When we have this much time to kill, Madison starts to act out. She has definitely been testing us again today, and the fact that it's 7:06pm now & we have already put her to bed should tell you enough!

 
David & I are both just ready to be OUT OF HERE! I tell ya, the next time the national anthem is sung, I will stand a little taller & sing a little louder.  ;) I love my country & cannot wait to land in TIA!!  Speaking of that, please be praying about the form they need at the consulate office.  If they do not get that first thing in the morning, they cannot give Madison a Visa & we cannot leave!!!!  And at this point I'm worried David may just go on back without us & leave us here!  ;)  Kidding...sort of!

 
These are chicken feet...some of the meat that was at the buffet for Bfest this morning!  Now do you understand why I've not had any protein in 15 days?  I miss home!


We went back to Shamian Island (yes I've been spelling it wrong) tonight to get our dry cleaning from Judy's . She is a believer who has a store on the Island & is so sweet. She has given Madison a toy every time we've stopped in her store. She said she wants to come stay a week with us in FL and we hope she does one day.  Deidra- we told her we would tell you to stop by and say hello when y'all come! ;)

Well you probably know what I'm going to say next ...We went to Lucy's for some sweet tea!  I have spared you the daily pic of my sweet tea. You can thank me later. ;)  And Madison had chicken wings. I know I've told you how she can eat it right down to the bone (Morgan, I think she may have you beat). Well this time I thought I would take a  picture to prove it.  :)



Outside of the items above, the only other item of note is that Madison got out the photo album that her foster parents sent in her backpack the day we got her and has looked at a few times.  At first we thought it might make her sad or upset, but all she does is look through it and point out all the people to us.  She will look at her foster parents and say "mama and baba," and then look us and say the same.  She will also point to herself and say her Chinese name "Pam Min Yue" and then sometime she will say Madison.  What a confusing time for her for sure, so please continue to pray for her little heart and mind.  One can only guess what she is thinking.

As for prayer request, pray for the form to arrive via email or fax to the consulate office ASAP;  for our travels tomorrow; for Madison to travel well; and for a good nights rest tonight.  We will keep you posted as to how things turn out with the form.

Blessings,
Melissa

 

5 comments:

  1. You will all be safe and sound at home with your family before you know it. I can't imagine being in your position. Me and foreign food - not so much. Me and many American foods - not so much. It would be a sure fire weight loss program - kind of like being on Survivor in the early seasons of the show. :-) Speaking of Survivor, it sounds like you, David and Madison could have your own reality TV show, kind of a combination Survivor, Amazing Race... I'm sure there are others that I'm not as familiar with that would fit right in too - anyone? No Anne i don't think Jersey Shore fits in here. :-)

    See you soon Whittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you home. Praying the Visa is done tomorrow and that you will be on your way to HK and then Tampa. I know how hard it is right now. you are so close. And I know how much you miss real American food. Hopefully someone at the airport you first land at will say "Welcome Home". They did to us each time and each time I cried. It was so nice to understand people, so nice to go to the bathroom and not worry about there being a toilet or toilet paper, so nice to eat fatty, greasy, American food.

    Billie you make me laugh. LOL

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to let you know we've been following your journey and praying for y'all along the way! What a joy!! We will now be praying for your transition back and for Madison to feel the full blessings her forever family has to offer! So happy for y'all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you to be on the plane in HK!! Can't wait to meet Madison when she is ready!! I look forward to going to Judy's!! Hoping it is sooner than later! ;)

    Pryaer and Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melissa, Emma-Lee and I have really been enjoying your blog! We are praying for you all of the time, especially about the paperwork! Madison is adorable. It sounds like you guys are doing a great job.

    Love you guys,
    Karey and Emma-Lee

    ReplyDelete